Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lovers

I am nearly finished with the Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton and as the end of the seventh book draws nearer, I cannot help but try to picture myself with so many men at one time. Who wouldn't want tall, muscled, long-haired men following you around like lovesick puppies? Perhaps not lovesick puppies... but the image is not far off. Merry loves Doyle and Frost with all her heart, but what about Rhys and Galen?

It's tough to read about Rhys's devotion to Merry. She loves him, but not the way he wants to be loved. Were I in Merry's shoes, it would be Doyle and Rhys as my top two, rather than the ever moody Frost. Do not misunderstand me, I love Frost. But come on... who doesn't want a death god as their lover, friend, husband?

I definitely do!

For those who have read the books, who would be your top choice? Or even your top two choices?



Back to the book.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have them following me around! My top 6 are: Doyle, Rhys, Mistral, Frost, Galen, Sholto. Frost went down on my list because he's whiny about Merry being with other people when he knows that's the deal. Rhys went up on my list because I feel he's grown the most as a character throughout the books. Galen is moving up as well because politically I'm gaining more respect for him as he starts to open his eyes to what's happening around him. Sholto I've loved since the 1st book because he's such a marshmallow heart and I feel he's loved Merry since that night and I love that he sticks up for Merry even against all the nightflyers and hags. Mistral I'm not sure why I loved him right from when he was introduced. There's just something about him that gets to me. And then there's Doyle. Sweet, tough, caring, generous, understanding, politically astute, what more could a girl ask for in a king to her queen? He will have to do something major and a major betrayal to Merry before I dislike him, but now that she's having his baby (even if it's shared with other fathers) I highly doubt he'd choose anyone or anything over them unless he had a good reason. And if the reason is good enough I may forgive him and continue to love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Doyle always has been and always will be my absolutely favorite of Merry's men.

    ReplyDelete