Thursday night I was all prepared to curl up with the very first of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels (Guilty Pleasures). I had everything I would need. The thick down comforters were freshly washed, and smelled oh so faintly of citrus. My over over sized blue and purple mug was full of hot, creamy chocolate. I even had the little purple book in my hands and open to the first page. Blissfully, I sank further down under the covers to begin my journey through the pages...
...and not three pages into the book, I get a text message.
Sorely tempted to ignore it, I tried to keep reading, but, of course, curiosity got the better of me and I, groaning, pulled my phone closer to see what was needed. It was a message from facebook titled "Are you adopted?" One of my biological sisters was able to find me through FB!
Needless to say the book has been put on hold for the last couple of extremely exciting days. But now that it's wonderful Saturday, I'll have little to no distractions to keep me from tumbling happily into the pages of Guilty Pleasures.
Yay!! I still can't get over that and how awesome that is! And maybe with our delays we won't be too far apart in the book now. From what I've read I'm excited and think these will be more favorite books in the making!
ReplyDeleteI thought so too! I've already met Jean-Claude. Excited to read more!
ReplyDelete