Another amazing read! Another series I completely devoured in under a week. This book really struck a nerve with me, though. How unfair life is! How utterly unfair. Katniss, the girl who survived against the odds, the nobody from District 12, must compete in another Hunger Games.
This time, however, her challenge will not be against 23 random children. She will have to battle 23 victors of other Hunger Games. This time, there is no chance that she will be able to save more than one person.
Saying too much about this book gives away too many important details I would rather leave for you to uncover. Besides, I am hoping that if you've already read THE HUNGER GAMES, then moving on to CATCHING FIRE will take absolutely zero coaxing. However, I will leave you with a question:
Would you sacrifice yourself for someone you loved? Our immediate answer would be yes, but would you really? Do you have it in you to want the other person to survive at all costs? Even if that cost is your death? Someone once told me that if I chose to die in order to keep someone I love alive, I was being selfish because I was condemning him to live without me. If I really wanted to save someone, wouldn't I call for his death so that he wouldn't know the pain of losing me forever? How do you feel about this statement/question?
No comments:
Post a Comment